The venue, the napkins on the table, the glassware, the dress, the bridesmaids’ dresses, the food, the cake, the wine – the list of things to think of when it comes to your big wedding day will seem endless. And, truth be told, weddings are indeed quite difficult to plan out.
Choosing a wedding theme color (or more of them) is one of the first things you have to handle, specifically because this will influence many other choices you will have to make. Shades of plum make for wonderful color themes when it comes to weddings and they work especially well with fall and winter weddings as well. However, how do you actually incorporate plum into your big day? Here are some ideas to think of:
- You don’t have to focus on one shade of plum only – and neither do you have to make everything purple! In fact, mixing various shades of plu with silver and/or white will look absolutely gorgeous.
- Everything can be “touched” by this color: from your wedding bouquet to the dresses your bridesmaids will wear and from the wedding cake to the table linens. However, make sure you don’t exaggerate and make sure that you leave some things in other colors as well (preferably something neutral such as white).
- Your food and drinks can also be inspired by this color! For instance, you could go for a dessert bar inspired by plum shades and you could serve anything from candy to macarons in this color. Also, your wedding cake can also have plum elements and some signature drinks with plum juice will definitely impress your guests.
Use your creativity and your purple wedding will be spectacular! And if you are searching for the perfect dress to go with your plum wedding, don’t forget about visiting Fantasy Bridal. We have a huge collection of wedding gowns in store for you – and each one of them will be splendid in its own way!
Photo source: flickr.com/Bellafaye Garden
Lace styles have become a very popular choice for Salt Lake City brides. Influenced by both the vintage theme trend and the lace overlay of Kate Middleton’s wedding gown, the delicately feminine look of lace has really taken the bridal world by storm.
Fit for a Princess
For an elegant lace look, take your inspiration directly from Kate. Long lace sleeves are an excellent choice for the bride who wants coverage without feeling overwhelmed, too.
Soft lace styles are perfect for vintage themed weddings. Look for a wedding gown with looser lace detailing, showing off the design of the lace itself.
Lace doesn’t have to be frilly, either. Many designs that feature a lace overlay still keep a sleek, modern line. This gives the dress a textured finish that adds interest without bulk.
Splash of Color
Lace can also be a way to bring in a touch of color to your wedding style. Whether you opt for a bold lace overlay or something more delicate, a colored lace over a white base is a hot design trend. The result is a wedding gown that is both timeless and on-trend.
Are you looking for your own lovely lace wedding gown? Give us a call today to make an appointment at our Salt Lake City bridal salon!
With summer just a few months away, it is important to know how you can prepare for the weather. Especially if you plan on having a summer wedding, it is an opportunity for you to wear breezy and warm clothes to help you keep comfortable while walking under the sun. As such, your hunt for a dress fit for a summer wedding should have already started by now.
One of the best things about a summer wedding is that you can virtually where anything you want. Compared to winter weddings, you don’t have to put on too many layers of clothing so you can keep yourself warm. You can even be as creative as you can when choosing your summer wedding dress. If you are still looking for one, here are some tips to help you:
When it comes to choosing fabric for a summer wedding dress, you have to go for one made from light fabrics. Your options include light satins, silk, and chiffon. Lace is another material you can work with, especially if you want to add a romantic touch to your wedding dress. Paired with a silky chiffon skirt, you can create an illusion of a flowy dress that will be beautiful to look at with your every step.
For a summer wedding, you can follow the current trend by wearing a short, tea-length dress. Look for one made out of a soft lace material and adorned with a satin belt on the waist. Pair it with a colorful heels and your sure to achieve a beautiful vintage look on your wedding.
If you are having an evening outdoor wedding, you can wear a fashionable wrap or bolero to keep yourself from freezing. This is a good option rather than wearing something uncomfortable like full sleeves during a summer wedding. When you’re at your reception, you can simply remove the bolero so you can show off your gorgeous shoulders!
If you are still shopping for a summer wedding dress, make sure that you visit our store and try out some of our items.
When you’re shopping for your wedding dress, it is really advisable that you bring along the accessories that you intend to wear on your big day. This is so you get to try them all together and see how they will look like with the dress that you are interested in. Before you do that, however, you have to determine what accessories you plan to use for your wedding. You will need to do this so that you don’t over-accessorize yourself.
One of the accessories that you can wear on your wedding day is a bridal veil. This is a good option because it is not so often that you can wear a veil in public. But because there are so many different types of veils to choose from, you need to know how to pick out the best option. Here are a few things you need to consider when getting a veil for your wedding:
The first and most important decision you need to make about your bridal veil is with regards to the length. Do you want the veil to trail over your dress or are you just interested in concealing a small portion of your face? Think about these things carefully.
Hairstyle and Accessories
Apart from the length of the veil, you should consider the hairstyle you want to wear on your wedding. Usually, if you will already be using a veil, you can skip wearing other accessories on your head. But it still won’t hurt to have a tiara or a jewel encrusted comb on your head with a veil covering it.
Another thing you have to consider when choosing your bridal veil is the material that it will come in. You have to remember that the material of your veil needs to match your dress. This is so that it will produce a harmonious look on your entire outfit.
Once you have found the right veil to wear for your wedding, you can bring it with you when you’re picking out a dress. You can also check out our Salt Lake City bridal shop for some wedding dress options.
As a Salt Lake wedding gown boutique we work with and hear about several wedding professionals in the area. Many brides come into our shop overwhelmed with the choices available and not sure who to choose.
So we wanted to give some advice on how to choose wedding vendors for your Salt Lake City wedding.
- Ask friends and family – Don’t just go with whomever shouts the loudest that they are the best. Talk to people who have actually used them.
- Follow your gut – You are going to spend quite a bit of time and money with these people. Make sure your personalities mesh well from the beginning.
- Be honest from the beginning – If you have a budget of so much money and the photographer you’re looking at is priced outside of that don’t put on that you can afford them. These businesses are used to working within brides budget so make it a point of conversation..an honest conversation from the very beginning. That way you won’t have yours or their time.
- Once you have chosen you preferred suppliers sign a contract with them that clearly details the service they are providing and when all payments are due, from the initial deposit to the final payment.
Finally, if after your wedding the professional was…well professional send them a thank you card. You have the opportunity to make their day. :0)
We hope these tips lead you into the hands of the perfect wedding vendors for your Salt Lake City wedding. Of course, for your wedding dress needs come by and see us. :0)
The New York International Bridal Market finished this week, and the world’s top bridal designers were showing off some big new trends. Along with some that have been favorites for a few years — including pink hues and vintage inspiration — we got to see some great new styles that are sure to inspire you.
- The best neckline: The big trend this year wasn’t strapless or illusion necklines. Instead, halters grabbed the spotlight. This is the perfect choice if you want bare shoulders with a more modest neckline. Halter-neck dresses show some great variety, too, including satiny high necklines as well as soft sheer fabric over a sweetheart neckline.
- The best accessory: This is set to be the year of the veil. Designers took things to a new level in this year’s shows, combining delicate veils with crystal-covered headbands. Many of the headbands also incorporated a floral style to bring together several great styles.
- The best cover-up: Say goodbye to the demure jacket and say hello to stunning shrugs. This year’s trend is statement cover-ups made of faux fur or feathers. Paired with a clean-lined dress, these cover-ups offer a bit of drama to a bride’s look.
Want to know more about the best of the year’s trends? Come by our Salt Lake City bridal salon to check out all the best wedding dresses and accessories.
When you plan your wedding, you’ll become aware of just how much you have to spend on different parts. As a savvy shopper, you’ll want to get the most for your money. Your wedding dress might seem like it’s not a flexible budget item, but you really can get more for your money.
First off, don’t get set on one dress by one designer. Go into shopping willing to look at different styles, or similar gowns that might have a significantly different price tag.
Another way to save money is to shop at a salon where you can also find your bridal accessories. If you have a set budget for all of your bridal style, you can find the combination that looks beautiful and doesn’t cost more than you can afford.
It’s also worth paying attention to special offers. We offer a 100% refund on the price of your dress if you refer eight brides who buy their gowns from us. This can be a great way to get your gown for free!
To find out more about how to get the most for your money at our Salt Lake City bridal salon, give us a call today!
If you’re struggling to find the perfect dress for your Utah wedding, why not see what has been big for the celebrity wedding season. Although the season is still underway, there have already been plenty of gorgeous gowns to inspire you.
- Classic beauty: The traditional look has been huge this year, with Kristen Cavallari and Lauren Parsekian both stand-out examples of the return to gorgeous white gowns.
- Dark colors: While white has been big, there have also been a few celebrity brides who have gone in the other direction. Melissa Gilbert’s deep red gown, and Shenae Grimes’ and Avril Lavigne’s black gowns, it’s been clear that you can still look beautiful in less traditional hues.
- Lovely lace: Another big trend for celebrity brides has been lace overlays. This gorgeous accent has been worn beautifully by Katrina Bowden, Michelle Kwan, and Kelsey Mayfield.
Which celebrity style will inspire your wedding dress? Come by our Salt Lake City bridal salon to start the search for your perfect wedding dress.
Most Salt Lake City brides will want to follow the old rhyme and wear something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue. Instead of finding four separate items, you can condense these into two. Asking a family member such as you mom for something old to borrow can be a great start, and there are plenty of beautiful bridal accessories that can be your something new and your something blue.
If you’ve chosen blue as one of your wedding colors, this can be as simple as adding a sash to your wedding dress. Whether matching your bridesmaids or going a bit lighter or darker, it can add a beautiful splash of color to your bridal style.
If a blue sash is too dramatic, or doesn’t suit your wedding dress style, blue accessories are a great choice. This can include adding a bit of color with a new pair of blue bridal shoes, or the classic addition of blue accented jewelry.
Whatever you choose for your addition of something new and something blue, you’ll want to buy them from an excellent Salt Lake City bridal shop. To find out more or make an appointment, get in touch with us today!
Finding the perfect wedding gown is a big part of your wedding planning. Knowing you have the dress of your dreams can make you excited about everything else. But just having your dress isn’t everything you need to walk down the aisle!
- Undergarments: Having the right undergarments for your wedding dress will make your dress look and feel better. They can also be something extra special for the occasion.
- Shoes: You won’t go barefoot, but probably don’t want to put on an old pair of work heels. Your wedding shoes should be beautiful, comfortable, and suited to your venue.
- Jewelry: One of the best ways to shine on your wedding day is to add some sparkle to your style. Earrings and a necklace are the perfect additions to your gown, but many styles will also look fantastic with bracelets.
- Headpieces: Whether you opt for a veil, tiara, or simple headband, this can help complete your bridal look. They also look fabulous!
To complete your bridal style from your toes to the top of your head, you’ll need to find a great Salt Lake City bridal salon. To find out more about what we offer and to make an appointment, give us a call today!