It’s official! Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson are married! The couple said their vows at the San Ysidro Ranch in California this weekend.
Jessica and Eric, who have two children together, entered the ceremony as a pair to The Beach Boys “God Only Knows.” Their 200 guests certainly approved of their entrance.
Although photos haven’t been released yet, word is that the bride wore a custom-made gown by Carolina Herrera. She opted for a very fashionable champagne and gold dress for her second marriage.
Jessica joins another famous Jessica, Jessica Biel, in wearing a colored wedding dress. The latter wore a pale pink dress by Giambattista Valli at her 2012 wedding to Justin Timberlake.
She’s also not the only Simpson set to get married this year. Her younger sister, Ashlee, is also engaged and is also likely to have a summer wedding.
What do you think of Jessica Simpson wearing a non-white dress? Do you think Ashlee will join her sister in the colored dress trend?
Whether you’re looking for a colored dress or a white dress for your wedding, give us a call to find the perfect gown. We have plenty for you to choose from at our Salt Lake City bridal salon!
Photo: Instagram/Jessica Simpson
Your wedding dress serves an amazing purpose. It is what you wear on one of the most important days of your life. But after all the effort you’ve put into finding the perfect gown, are you wondering what you’ll do with it after the wedding? Here are three great ideas.
- Preservation: This is the most popular choice, as it keeps your dress as a pristine keepsake of your wedding. Preserving your dress will also keep it safe should any future generations want to wear it.
- Trash the Dress Photos: This growing trend gives you the chance to let loose. You and your husband have a post-wedding photo shoot in which you get really messy in your formal attire. The images are something you will cherish and bring back fond memories of your wedding’s fun.
- Alteration: Depending on the style of dress you have chosen, you might be able to alter it for wearing elsewhere. Some styles can be converted into shorter cocktail dresses, or turned into a dress that is perfect for another formal event.
Whatever you do with the dress after the wedding, first you’ll need to find the perfect gown. To find out what we have at our Murray salon, give us a call today.
Photo: Flickr/J.K. Califf
Will you be wearing one dress or two for your wedding day? Many brides are choosing to wear a separate dress for their reception.
Wearing a second dress for the reception can be a good idea if you are planning a formal ceremony but a more relaxed reception. It can allow you the princess style you want for photos, but mean you don’t need to worry about damaging it while you party through the night.
Of course, having a second dress is not without problems. For one, you need to find a time and place to change, and might feel you need to redo your hair and makeup to suit it. This is time you aren’t spending with your guests.
You might also want to avoid the extra costs, or want to spend as much time as possible in the perfect wedding dress you have found for your big day. Wearing two dresses will add to your dress budget, and the amount of time it will take to find your perfect dresses.
Whether you choose one dress or two, you’ll need to shop at a great Salt Lake City bridal salon. To see what we can offer you for your wedding, give us a call today!
Photo: Flickr/Michael R Perry
Grecian style gowns have been popular for years, but they’re set to be a huge trend for 2014 and 2015 brides. They are easy to wear, flattering, and come in many different varieties, meaning there’s a Grecian for every bride.
The basic element of the Grecian silhouette is a full length dress with an empire waist. Most styles feature a ruched bodice and straight skirt, but there are exceptions to the rule. The most common fabric for Grecian gowns is chiffon, as it offers an ethereal look that is perfect for the Greek goddess style.
Grecian wedding dresses were a big trend at New York Bridal Week last month. Designers love this silhouette, giving it embellishments like belts, straps, and flowing trains.
It’s also a perfect choice if you want to let your accessories shine. The simplicity of the silhouette is beautiful while allowing the other aspects of your attire to get the attention they deserve.
To see our selection of Grecian gowns and find the one that is perfect for your Salt Lake City wedding, give us a call or come by our salon today!
You know you want to look fantastic when you walk into your wedding, but during the ceremony, most of your guests will likely be looking at the back of your gown. This is part of why dramatic backs are a growing trend for bridal gowns.
An excellent way to wear a dramatic back is through a backless gown. With a plunging line, these show off some skin in a romantic and sexy way. The best way to wear this trend is with a detailed backline. Look for a skin-hugging lace or loose cowl back as a way to add interest and style.
If you want a dramatic back without baring all, consider an illusion back. Much like the illusion neckline, this style offers the appearance of being bare, but with the comfortable feeling of full coverage. Illusion backs also give the look of floating accents and details across the back for a very romantic style.
Another big trend for designers is the racer back. This is a fabulous style if you want a bit of bling, too. With a line of detailed decorative elements running along your spine, you get a fantastic look that is elegant and modern.
To find out more about how to make sure you look fantastic from every angle, give us a call or come by our Salt Lake City bridal salon today!
Lace styles have become a very popular choice for Salt Lake City brides. Influenced by both the vintage theme trend and the lace overlay of Kate Middleton’s wedding gown, the delicately feminine look of lace has really taken the bridal world by storm.
Fit for a Princess
For an elegant lace look, take your inspiration directly from Kate. Long lace sleeves are an excellent choice for the bride who wants coverage without feeling overwhelmed, too.
Soft lace styles are perfect for vintage themed weddings. Look for a wedding gown with looser lace detailing, showing off the design of the lace itself.
Lace doesn’t have to be frilly, either. Many designs that feature a lace overlay still keep a sleek, modern line. This gives the dress a textured finish that adds interest without bulk.
Splash of Color
Lace can also be a way to bring in a touch of color to your wedding style. Whether you opt for a bold lace overlay or something more delicate, a colored lace over a white base is a hot design trend. The result is a wedding gown that is both timeless and on-trend.
Are you looking for your own lovely lace wedding gown? Give us a call today to make an appointment at our Salt Lake City bridal salon!
A jacket can provide modesty, warmth, and comfort as part of your wedding attire. However, you can’t just choose any old white cardigan for your wedding day. A bridal jacket is something special. Here are some tips for finding one that suits your wedding gown.
- Use the same designer: The first step should be checking if the dress designer offers jackets. This can be the best way to ensure that the fabric matches exactly.
- Add a splash of color: A jacket is a good way to add a little pop of color to your wedding style. Whether you opt for a bold color or a pastel, having a non-white bolero can be a perfect choice.
- Try on different styles: Much like finding your wedding dress, finding a wedding jacket will require trying things on. Make sure you have your gown on, as something that looks good over a tank top won’t look right over your beaded bodice.
- Decide on sleeve length: If you are expecting you’ll be cold, think about full sleeves. If you just want to cover your shoulders, try a cap-sleeved style. The length of sleeves you need will be determined by whether you want the jacket as an accessory or for a functional purpose.
Whatever type of jacket you want to wear for your wedding, come by our Salt Lake City bridal salon to check out the different choices you have available to you. We’ll help you find the perfect style for your big day.
The New York International Bridal Market finished this week, and the world’s top bridal designers were showing off some big new trends. Along with some that have been favorites for a few years — including pink hues and vintage inspiration — we got to see some great new styles that are sure to inspire you.
- The best neckline: The big trend this year wasn’t strapless or illusion necklines. Instead, halters grabbed the spotlight. This is the perfect choice if you want bare shoulders with a more modest neckline. Halter-neck dresses show some great variety, too, including satiny high necklines as well as soft sheer fabric over a sweetheart neckline.
- The best accessory: This is set to be the year of the veil. Designers took things to a new level in this year’s shows, combining delicate veils with crystal-covered headbands. Many of the headbands also incorporated a floral style to bring together several great styles.
- The best cover-up: Say goodbye to the demure jacket and say hello to stunning shrugs. This year’s trend is statement cover-ups made of faux fur or feathers. Paired with a clean-lined dress, these cover-ups offer a bit of drama to a bride’s look.
Want to know more about the best of the year’s trends? Come by our Salt Lake City bridal salon to check out all the best wedding dresses and accessories.
When you plan your wedding, you’ll become aware of just how much you have to spend on different parts. As a savvy shopper, you’ll want to get the most for your money. Your wedding dress might seem like it’s not a flexible budget item, but you really can get more for your money.
First off, don’t get set on one dress by one designer. Go into shopping willing to look at different styles, or similar gowns that might have a significantly different price tag.
Another way to save money is to shop at a salon where you can also find your bridal accessories. If you have a set budget for all of your bridal style, you can find the combination that looks beautiful and doesn’t cost more than you can afford.
It’s also worth paying attention to special offers. We offer a 100% refund on the price of your dress if you refer eight brides who buy their gowns from us. This can be a great way to get your gown for free!
To find out more about how to get the most for your money at our Salt Lake City bridal salon, give us a call today!
If you’re struggling to find the perfect dress for your Utah wedding, why not see what has been big for the celebrity wedding season. Although the season is still underway, there have already been plenty of gorgeous gowns to inspire you.
- Classic beauty: The traditional look has been huge this year, with Kristen Cavallari and Lauren Parsekian both stand-out examples of the return to gorgeous white gowns.
- Dark colors: While white has been big, there have also been a few celebrity brides who have gone in the other direction. Melissa Gilbert’s deep red gown, and Shenae Grimes’ and Avril Lavigne’s black gowns, it’s been clear that you can still look beautiful in less traditional hues.
- Lovely lace: Another big trend for celebrity brides has been lace overlays. This gorgeous accent has been worn beautifully by Katrina Bowden, Michelle Kwan, and Kelsey Mayfield.
Which celebrity style will inspire your wedding dress? Come by our Salt Lake City bridal salon to start the search for your perfect wedding dress.