A jacket can provide modesty, warmth, and comfort as part of your wedding attire. However, you can’t just choose any old white cardigan for your wedding day. A bridal jacket is something special. Here are some tips for finding one that suits your wedding gown.
- Use the same designer: The first step should be checking if the dress designer offers jackets. This can be the best way to ensure that the fabric matches exactly.
- Add a splash of color: A jacket is a good way to add a little pop of color to your wedding style. Whether you opt for a bold color or a pastel, having a non-white bolero can be a perfect choice.
- Try on different styles: Much like finding your wedding dress, finding a wedding jacket will require trying things on. Make sure you have your gown on, as something that looks good over a tank top won’t look right over your beaded bodice.
- Decide on sleeve length: If you are expecting you’ll be cold, think about full sleeves. If you just want to cover your shoulders, try a cap-sleeved style. The length of sleeves you need will be determined by whether you want the jacket as an accessory or for a functional purpose.
Whatever type of jacket you want to wear for your wedding, come by our Salt Lake City bridal salon to check out the different choices you have available to you. We’ll help you find the perfect style for your big day.
Finding the perfect wedding gown is a big part of your wedding planning. Knowing you have the dress of your dreams can make you excited about everything else. But just having your dress isn’t everything you need to walk down the aisle!
- Undergarments: Having the right undergarments for your wedding dress will make your dress look and feel better. They can also be something extra special for the occasion.
- Shoes: You won’t go barefoot, but probably don’t want to put on an old pair of work heels. Your wedding shoes should be beautiful, comfortable, and suited to your venue.
- Jewelry: One of the best ways to shine on your wedding day is to add some sparkle to your style. Earrings and a necklace are the perfect additions to your gown, but many styles will also look fantastic with bracelets.
- Headpieces: Whether you opt for a veil, tiara, or simple headband, this can help complete your bridal look. They also look fabulous!
To complete your bridal style from your toes to the top of your head, you’ll need to find a great Salt Lake City bridal salon. To find out more about what we offer and to make an appointment, give us a call today!
Many of this year’s biggest wedding trends have been ways of giving your big day a classic, timeless feel. One such trend is having your bridal party in neutral tones. The result is an instantly beautiful style that won’t look dated when you look back on your wedding photos.
There are a lot of options when it comes to neutrals, too. You can go for light or dark, browns or greys, and still have the choice of dress style. You can also mix and match to create a neutral ombre effect for your bridal party.
The key to getting a perfect neutral palette is to build it around your gown. This is especially important if you’re wearing an off-white dress, as the exact shade of your choice might not work with every neutral.
If you do want to add a punch of color, you can do this through accessories. Neutral tones can be kept from looking too dated with bold, chunky accessories or bright shoes in your wedding colors.
The best way of choosing a neutral tone for your bridal party is to shop at an excellent Salt Lake City bridal shop. Give us a call or come by today to find out more about how to find the perfect dresses for you and your bridal party.
Finding a dress that combines the modesty you want with a fantastic, on-trend style might not be easy. However, one of the big bridal trends for 2013 and 2014 is sleeves, and many of these styles are perfect for your needs.
The trend really gained steam when Kate Middleton wore a sleeved Alexander McQueen style on her wedding day. Her dress is still a great inspiration for many bridal designers. Her famous dress combined an illusion neckline and lace sleeves for a timeless look.
There are many variations on her dress, including shorter sleeved versions, and off-the-shoulder adaptations. Both of these are great for brides who want the style but don’t feel comfortable in full neck-to-wrist sleeves.
You aren’t limited to lace styles, though. There are also many other designers who are using sleeves to give an elegant style with the hint of long princess perfect gloves. These, too, can be found in a variety of lengths and necklines.
To find out more about finding the perfect sleeved dress for your Utah wedding, come by our Salt Lake City bridal salon today!
While Elizabeth Taylor’s first marriage may not have lasted nine months, the dress she wore for her wedding to Conrad “Nicky”Hilton Jr. has stood the test of time. Now, over 63 years after the wedding, it is up for auction in London.
The dress, which will be auctioned at Christie’s in London this week, is expected to fetch between $47,000 and $78,000. Along with its famous wearer, it also has a famous designer. Designed by Helen Rose, the gown was created at MGM for their star actress.
It is a shell-white satin gown encrusted with beads and seed pearls. The gown also includes a built-in corset designed to cinch the waist so that Taylor’s figure would be more accentuated.
While the gown certainly holds a place in fashion and celebrity history, it might not be the right dress for your wedding day. If you want to find something equally beautiful for your Salt Lake City wedding, come by our bridal salon today!
Anti-bullying activist Lauren Parsekian married Breaking Bad star Aaron Paul last Sunday in a Paris masquerade themed wedding in Malibu. The couple looked absolutely gorgeous in their traditional wedding attire choices.
Aaron wore a Burberry tuxedo and custom designed bow tie, while Lauren stood out in her Kenneth Pool ballgown. The white wedding dress suited her perfectly, and gave their wedding photos a real fairytale wedding feel.
The dress itself is a lace and tulle gown that pairs a strapless, corset-style bodice with a full skirt. It’s feminine style is accented by floral designs and a flattering asymmetrical waistline. Lauren went slightly less traditional with her shoes, though, choosing to wear a pair of white boots with the gown!
We love that a celebrity couple have chosen such a traditional look for their big day. It shows that some styles really are timeless, and that they are a perfect choice for a beautiful wedding. If you’re looking for a traditional style like Lauren wore for your Salt Lake City wedding, give us a call today!