A jacket can provide modesty, warmth, and comfort as part of your wedding attire. However, you can’t just choose any old white cardigan for your wedding day. A bridal jacket is something special. Here are some tips for finding one that suits your wedding gown.
- Use the same designer: The first step should be checking if the dress designer offers jackets. This can be the best way to ensure that the fabric matches exactly.
- Add a splash of color: A jacket is a good way to add a little pop of color to your wedding style. Whether you opt for a bold color or a pastel, having a non-white bolero can be a perfect choice.
- Try on different styles: Much like finding your wedding dress, finding a wedding jacket will require trying things on. Make sure you have your gown on, as something that looks good over a tank top won’t look right over your beaded bodice.
- Decide on sleeve length: If you are expecting you’ll be cold, think about full sleeves. If you just want to cover your shoulders, try a cap-sleeved style. The length of sleeves you need will be determined by whether you want the jacket as an accessory or for a functional purpose.
Whatever type of jacket you want to wear for your wedding, come by our Salt Lake City bridal salon to check out the different choices you have available to you. We’ll help you find the perfect style for your big day.
The New York International Bridal Market finished this week, and the world’s top bridal designers were showing off some big new trends. Along with some that have been favorites for a few years — including pink hues and vintage inspiration — we got to see some great new styles that are sure to inspire you.
- The best neckline: The big trend this year wasn’t strapless or illusion necklines. Instead, halters grabbed the spotlight. This is the perfect choice if you want bare shoulders with a more modest neckline. Halter-neck dresses show some great variety, too, including satiny high necklines as well as soft sheer fabric over a sweetheart neckline.
- The best accessory: This is set to be the year of the veil. Designers took things to a new level in this year’s shows, combining delicate veils with crystal-covered headbands. Many of the headbands also incorporated a floral style to bring together several great styles.
- The best cover-up: Say goodbye to the demure jacket and say hello to stunning shrugs. This year’s trend is statement cover-ups made of faux fur or feathers. Paired with a clean-lined dress, these cover-ups offer a bit of drama to a bride’s look.
Want to know more about the best of the year’s trends? Come by our Salt Lake City bridal salon to check out all the best wedding dresses and accessories.
When you plan your wedding, you’ll become aware of just how much you have to spend on different parts. As a savvy shopper, you’ll want to get the most for your money. Your wedding dress might seem like it’s not a flexible budget item, but you really can get more for your money.
First off, don’t get set on one dress by one designer. Go into shopping willing to look at different styles, or similar gowns that might have a significantly different price tag.
Another way to save money is to shop at a salon where you can also find your bridal accessories. If you have a set budget for all of your bridal style, you can find the combination that looks beautiful and doesn’t cost more than you can afford.
It’s also worth paying attention to special offers. We offer a 100% refund on the price of your dress if you refer eight brides who buy their gowns from us. This can be a great way to get your gown for free!
To find out more about how to get the most for your money at our Salt Lake City bridal salon, give us a call today!
Finding the perfect wedding gown is a big part of your wedding planning. Knowing you have the dress of your dreams can make you excited about everything else. But just having your dress isn’t everything you need to walk down the aisle!
- Undergarments: Having the right undergarments for your wedding dress will make your dress look and feel better. They can also be something extra special for the occasion.
- Shoes: You won’t go barefoot, but probably don’t want to put on an old pair of work heels. Your wedding shoes should be beautiful, comfortable, and suited to your venue.
- Jewelry: One of the best ways to shine on your wedding day is to add some sparkle to your style. Earrings and a necklace are the perfect additions to your gown, but many styles will also look fantastic with bracelets.
- Headpieces: Whether you opt for a veil, tiara, or simple headband, this can help complete your bridal look. They also look fabulous!
To complete your bridal style from your toes to the top of your head, you’ll need to find a great Salt Lake City bridal salon. To find out more about what we offer and to make an appointment, give us a call today!
The bridal veil is a long-standing tradition, but many brides wonder if it’s right for them. A bridal veil can be worn traditionally, or as a fabulous bridal accessory. If you’re considering a veil, here are a few tips for how to wear it.
- Veil styles: There are a few types of veil available, but one of the most popular choices combines a tiara or hair comb to help attach it to your hairstyle. Some include a single piece of fabric, while others offer a piece that can be worn over your face and a longer part to use as a train.
- To cover or not? If you have chosen to wear a veil traditionally, with it covering your face, you will need to think about when to have the veil lifted. The two most popular times are to have your father lift your veil as he gives you away, or to have the groom lift it at the end of the ceremony before the kiss.
- Taking it off: While shorter or birdcage style veils can be comfortably worn throughout the ceremony and reception, there are some styles you might want to take off part-way through the night. Make sure you get tips from your hairdresser about removing the veil without messing up your hair, and choose a time to take it off. Good times for this are after the ceremony and after the first dance.
To find out more about veils and other bridal accessories, come by our Salt Lake City bridal shop today! We can help you find the perfect gown and all the accessories you need to complete your look.