Your wedding dress serves an amazing purpose. It is what you wear on one of the most important days of your life. But after all the effort you’ve put into finding the perfect gown, are you wondering what you’ll do with it after the wedding? Here are three great ideas.
- Preservation: This is the most popular choice, as it keeps your dress as a pristine keepsake of your wedding. Preserving your dress will also keep it safe should any future generations want to wear it.
- Trash the Dress Photos: This growing trend gives you the chance to let loose. You and your husband have a post-wedding photo shoot in which you get really messy in your formal attire. The images are something you will cherish and bring back fond memories of your wedding’s fun.
- Alteration: Depending on the style of dress you have chosen, you might be able to alter it for wearing elsewhere. Some styles can be converted into shorter cocktail dresses, or turned into a dress that is perfect for another formal event.
Whatever you do with the dress after the wedding, first you’ll need to find the perfect gown. To find out what we have at our Murray salon, give us a call today.
Photo: Flickr/J.K. Califf
The New York International Bridal Market finished this week, and the world’s top bridal designers were showing off some big new trends. Along with some that have been favorites for a few years — including pink hues and vintage inspiration — we got to see some great new styles that are sure to inspire you.
- The best neckline: The big trend this year wasn’t strapless or illusion necklines. Instead, halters grabbed the spotlight. This is the perfect choice if you want bare shoulders with a more modest neckline. Halter-neck dresses show some great variety, too, including satiny high necklines as well as soft sheer fabric over a sweetheart neckline.
- The best accessory: This is set to be the year of the veil. Designers took things to a new level in this year’s shows, combining delicate veils with crystal-covered headbands. Many of the headbands also incorporated a floral style to bring together several great styles.
- The best cover-up: Say goodbye to the demure jacket and say hello to stunning shrugs. This year’s trend is statement cover-ups made of faux fur or feathers. Paired with a clean-lined dress, these cover-ups offer a bit of drama to a bride’s look.
Want to know more about the best of the year’s trends? Come by our Salt Lake City bridal salon to check out all the best wedding dresses and accessories.
We love this trend! Off-the-shoulder wedding gowns are huge for 2013, and we think they’ll stay popular for 2014, too. It’s no surprise, though, as the style is perfect for many different types of weddings and brides.
If you’re planning a vintage wedding, you can instantly call to mind the likes of Marilyn Monroe and Grace Kelly with an off-the-shoulder gown. With a full skirt and a straight off-the-shoulder strap, you’ll instantly have that great 1950s glamour style that is just right for a vintage wedding.
It can also be a great way to show off a bit of skin without feeling overexposed. The off-the-shoulder styles can give you a more supported feeling than a traditional strapless style, but still give you a great neckline that shows off your shoulders.
To find out more about off-the-shoulder styles and how they can be perfect for your Utah wedding, come by our Salt Lake City bridal salon or give us a call today! We love finding brides the perfect gown for their big day!
We love helping a bride find the perfect dress for her wedding day, and we also love catching up with brides after the big day. For Stephanie’s Park City wedding, we’ve also had the joy of seeing her dress featured on the Luxe Mountain Weddings blog!
Stephanie’s gown, by Allure Couture, was a traditional style ballgown. It suited her perfectly and, as you can see in the photos, gave her a truly elegant look.
This elegant bridal style was the perfect choice for her big day. The couple’s wedding combined elegance with the rustic charm of their venue. Stephanie and Justin’s wedding goes to show how the choice of dress can be a big part of setting the overall theme.
If you’re looking for the perfect wedding gown for your Utah wedding, give us a call today to make an appointment! We can help find the ideal gown for any bride, and any style wedding!