Having a New Year’s Eve wedding is a great idea especially if you want this night to be absolutely special. Although the two celebrations sometimes seem very much different from one another, the truth is that they are much more similar than we even realize – especially when it comes to the fact that they both celebrate new beginnings.
If you want your dress to look stunning for your NYE wedding, don’t forget to add some sparkles to it. There are many ways you can do this, but we have picked up some of the best ones. Read on and find out how to make your dress (and yourself) SHINE for the Big Night!
- If you want to be fully non-traditional, pick a dress that is entirely made out of sequins. It can be silver, champagne-colored or it can even come in various shades of white as well.
- Picking a white dress with sparkly details is a great choice for those who want to feel glamorous without losing the “traditional” feeling of a wedding. There are many areas of the dress where sequins and sparkles will look marvelous: around the neckline/décolletage, as a “belt” for the waist, around the rims of the dress, on the veil or even delicately sprinkled on the entire surface of the gown.
- If you want your gown to be simple, you can always choose sparkly accessories. A pair of glittery silver shoes, a clutch purse with sequins or hair accessories that sparkle can add a lot of glamour and style to your look.
Fantasy Bridal can provide you with a huge range of wedding gowns to choose from. Our dresses come in a large variety of designs and styles to suit any kind of wedding theme and every kind of bride as well – so do not hesitate to pay us a visit before the Big Day.
Over the course of our lives, we get to buy many dresses. A gown for the prom, one for your best friend’s birthday and before you know it, your closet is full of dresses of all kinds. And yet, there’s one dress you will definitely choose more carefully than ever before: your wedding gown.
Before you jump into ordering your dress, you should make sure to learn a few things about the way in which they are sized. We have gathered some of the best tips related to this, so do read on if you want to find out more.
- Wedding dresses come in all sizes and designs, but you should definitely keep in mind that it’s not just the size of the gown that matters. The way in which it is cut and designed can influence a lot how you will look in it too! Thus, make sure you are searching for a dress that goes well with your particular body shape.
- Remember that your usual dress size may not be the same as the size of your wedding gown. According to where the dress is manufactured, the sizing can differ (and sometimes by a lot, actually).
- The best way to make sure that you are setting your eyes on a dress that’s properly fitting your body is to take your measurements right before you go “hunting” for the one. Usually, dress size charts show the measurements that go with a particular size as well.
- Even so, there may be cases when you will need to adjust your dress at least by a bit. Bear in mind that these gowns are manufactured according to so-called “standard” bodies and proportions but that we are all built differently. If you do need alterations, do not hesitate to call for the service of a professional because these days, almost everything about a gown can be changed according to your desire.
Fantasy Bridal will offer a wide range of splendid wedding dresses that come in all sizes on Earth. We are more than proud to provide our brides with amazing designs and with excellent quality as well – pay us a visit and you’ll see for yourself!
Photo source: flickr.com/John Hope
Every bride wants to look her best on her wedding day, but should this mean going on a crash diet before the big day? There are arguments for dieting and for not dieting, and it is a choice that you’ll need to make for yourself.
If you are trying to shed a few pounds, remember that this might mean you will need more alterations. A bride whose body changes dramatically from the first fitting to the last may end up paying extra for a seamstress to get the dress to look good on her new shape.
While getting in shape can make you look better, it might also change the way your dress looks on you. If your proportions change, the dress you’ve chosen might not suit you in the same way. When dieting, you can’t be sure that your body will all lose inches at the same rate.
On the other hand, once you have your dress, you can look to diet and exercise to get a more toned look. One thing that many brides focus on is their arms, especially if they are wearing a sleeveless gown.
One thing you should never do is buy a dress that is too small with the idea that you will lose weight to fit into it. A dress can be taken in much easier than it can be let out, and a bride squeezed into a too small dress is never a good look!
To find the perfect dress for your Salt Lake City wedding, give us a call to make an appointment at our Murray bridal salon!