Having a New Year’s Eve wedding is a great idea especially if you want this night to be absolutely special. Although the two celebrations sometimes seem very much different from one another, the truth is that they are much more similar than we even realize – especially when it comes to the fact that they both celebrate new beginnings.
If you want your dress to look stunning for your NYE wedding, don’t forget to add some sparkles to it. There are many ways you can do this, but we have picked up some of the best ones. Read on and find out how to make your dress (and yourself) SHINE for the Big Night!
- If you want to be fully non-traditional, pick a dress that is entirely made out of sequins. It can be silver, champagne-colored or it can even come in various shades of white as well.
- Picking a white dress with sparkly details is a great choice for those who want to feel glamorous without losing the “traditional” feeling of a wedding. There are many areas of the dress where sequins and sparkles will look marvelous: around the neckline/décolletage, as a “belt” for the waist, around the rims of the dress, on the veil or even delicately sprinkled on the entire surface of the gown.
- If you want your gown to be simple, you can always choose sparkly accessories. A pair of glittery silver shoes, a clutch purse with sequins or hair accessories that sparkle can add a lot of glamour and style to your look.
Fantasy Bridal can provide you with a huge range of wedding gowns to choose from. Our dresses come in a large variety of designs and styles to suit any kind of wedding theme and every kind of bride as well – so do not hesitate to pay us a visit before the Big Day.
It’s not easy to find the one, that wedding dress that makes you feel spectacular. However, if you have an idea on what you are searching for, your “hunt” will be much easier. If you are not yet decided on the color your wedding dress should have, do take ivory/hot white into consideration. Chances are you’ll love it for at least one of the following reasons:
- It is a warm color. If your skin complexion is rather warm, a warmer shade of white will always fit you better than a cold one. Ivory is an amazing choice for a warm skin complexion as it will complement it perfectly. Even more than that, a warm color will make you appear more delicate and beautiful as well.
- It’s very romantic. Ivory white is a very romantic color, especially when combined with lace and embroidery. If you want your wedding look to be absolutely stunning, ivory white will make for a great wedding gown color.
- It’s not fully traditional. If you don’t want to stick to tradition 100%, but if you don’t want to “ditch” it either, ivory white is the perfect balance you are seeking for. It’s not fully white, but it’s not an actual color either – and this means that it lies perfectly in between tradition and contemporaneity.
- It works very well with vintage-inspired weddings. If you plan on having a wedding inspired by the vintage fashion and décor, ivory white is a great pick – especially if you cannot afford an actual vintage dress.
Fantasy Bridal has gathered an impressive collection of wedding gowns meant to take one’s breath away. If hot white/ivory is what you are searching for, you will definitely find something extremely beautiful with us. Even more than that, we can help you search the perfect wedding dress by silhouette, neckline, fabric and other criteria too – so that you don’t waste your time on gowns that are not what you are searching for!
Photo source: flickr.com/Faylyne
Over the course of our lives, we get to buy many dresses. A gown for the prom, one for your best friend’s birthday and before you know it, your closet is full of dresses of all kinds. And yet, there’s one dress you will definitely choose more carefully than ever before: your wedding gown.
Before you jump into ordering your dress, you should make sure to learn a few things about the way in which they are sized. We have gathered some of the best tips related to this, so do read on if you want to find out more.
- Wedding dresses come in all sizes and designs, but you should definitely keep in mind that it’s not just the size of the gown that matters. The way in which it is cut and designed can influence a lot how you will look in it too! Thus, make sure you are searching for a dress that goes well with your particular body shape.
- Remember that your usual dress size may not be the same as the size of your wedding gown. According to where the dress is manufactured, the sizing can differ (and sometimes by a lot, actually).
- The best way to make sure that you are setting your eyes on a dress that’s properly fitting your body is to take your measurements right before you go “hunting” for the one. Usually, dress size charts show the measurements that go with a particular size as well.
- Even so, there may be cases when you will need to adjust your dress at least by a bit. Bear in mind that these gowns are manufactured according to so-called “standard” bodies and proportions but that we are all built differently. If you do need alterations, do not hesitate to call for the service of a professional because these days, almost everything about a gown can be changed according to your desire.
Fantasy Bridal will offer a wide range of splendid wedding dresses that come in all sizes on Earth. We are more than proud to provide our brides with amazing designs and with excellent quality as well – pay us a visit and you’ll see for yourself!
Photo source: flickr.com/John Hope
It’s official! Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson are married! The couple said their vows at the San Ysidro Ranch in California this weekend.
Jessica and Eric, who have two children together, entered the ceremony as a pair to The Beach Boys “God Only Knows.” Their 200 guests certainly approved of their entrance.
Although photos haven’t been released yet, word is that the bride wore a custom-made gown by Carolina Herrera. She opted for a very fashionable champagne and gold dress for her second marriage.
Jessica joins another famous Jessica, Jessica Biel, in wearing a colored wedding dress. The latter wore a pale pink dress by Giambattista Valli at her 2012 wedding to Justin Timberlake.
She’s also not the only Simpson set to get married this year. Her younger sister, Ashlee, is also engaged and is also likely to have a summer wedding.
What do you think of Jessica Simpson wearing a non-white dress? Do you think Ashlee will join her sister in the colored dress trend?
Whether you’re looking for a colored dress or a white dress for your wedding, give us a call to find the perfect gown. We have plenty for you to choose from at our Salt Lake City bridal salon!
Photo: Instagram/Jessica Simpson
It’s not uncommon for a bride to say she wants to feel like a princess on her wedding day. While you might not be royalty, there’s nothing to stop you from having a fairytale-inspired wedding to make you feel like it.
Ball gowns are the obvious choice for a fairytale wedding. Full skirts and beautiful bodices are ideal if you want a Cinderella style for your big day. Crystal and beaded accents are perfect additions to this style.
If you want something more understated, consider the fit and flare mermaid silhouette. This is perfect for a Little Mermaid-inspired wedding style. It is also perfect for a formal wedding, but can also work well for a more relaxed wedding day.
Whatever style of wedding dress you’re considering, when you’ve chosen the right style for you, you’ll be sure to feel like a fairytale princess. To finish off your princess style, why not consider a fabulous tiara for an accessory?
To find the perfect wedding gown for your Salt Lake City area wedding, give us a call today!
Photo: Flickr/dierk schaefer
In what is bound ot be one of the biggest weddings of the year, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West tied the knot last weekend in Florence, Italy. The ceremony was held in front of a 20-foot wall of flowers, which provided a beautiful backdrop for Kim’s lace-covered gown.
The reality star and her new husband both wore Givenchy for the ceremony. The gown was a very formal style, with a chapel-length train, long sleeves, and a very modest high neckline. However, Kim did show a bit of skin with the illusion back and cut out waist details.
She completed her bridal style with a cathedral-length veil. The silk lace veil had a beautiful scalloped edge with lace detailing. This looked perfect along with the lace overlay and sleeves of the gown itself.
Kim kept her accessories minimalist, letting the gown be the focus of the attention. She wore a simple pair of diamond stud earrings to complete her ceremony style.
Of course, this wasn’t Kim’s only look for her wedding celebration. She also wore a beatiful tuxedo-style gown for the rehearsal and a crystal and pearl covered minidress for the reception.
Has Kim’s wedding dress inspired you? If you’re looking for the stand-out gown for your Salt Lake City wedding, give us a call today!
Photo: Instagram/Kim Kardashian
Every bride wants to look her best on her wedding day, but should this mean going on a crash diet before the big day? There are arguments for dieting and for not dieting, and it is a choice that you’ll need to make for yourself.
If you are trying to shed a few pounds, remember that this might mean you will need more alterations. A bride whose body changes dramatically from the first fitting to the last may end up paying extra for a seamstress to get the dress to look good on her new shape.
While getting in shape can make you look better, it might also change the way your dress looks on you. If your proportions change, the dress you’ve chosen might not suit you in the same way. When dieting, you can’t be sure that your body will all lose inches at the same rate.
On the other hand, once you have your dress, you can look to diet and exercise to get a more toned look. One thing that many brides focus on is their arms, especially if they are wearing a sleeveless gown.
One thing you should never do is buy a dress that is too small with the idea that you will lose weight to fit into it. A dress can be taken in much easier than it can be let out, and a bride squeezed into a too small dress is never a good look!
To find the perfect dress for your Salt Lake City wedding, give us a call to make an appointment at our Murray bridal salon!
Grecian style gowns have been popular for years, but they’re set to be a huge trend for 2014 and 2015 brides. They are easy to wear, flattering, and come in many different varieties, meaning there’s a Grecian for every bride.
The basic element of the Grecian silhouette is a full length dress with an empire waist. Most styles feature a ruched bodice and straight skirt, but there are exceptions to the rule. The most common fabric for Grecian gowns is chiffon, as it offers an ethereal look that is perfect for the Greek goddess style.
Grecian wedding dresses were a big trend at New York Bridal Week last month. Designers love this silhouette, giving it embellishments like belts, straps, and flowing trains.
It’s also a perfect choice if you want to let your accessories shine. The simplicity of the silhouette is beautiful while allowing the other aspects of your attire to get the attention they deserve.
To see our selection of Grecian gowns and find the one that is perfect for your Salt Lake City wedding, give us a call or come by our salon today!
Lace styles have become a very popular choice for Salt Lake City brides. Influenced by both the vintage theme trend and the lace overlay of Kate Middleton’s wedding gown, the delicately feminine look of lace has really taken the bridal world by storm.
Fit for a Princess
For an elegant lace look, take your inspiration directly from Kate. Long lace sleeves are an excellent choice for the bride who wants coverage without feeling overwhelmed, too.
Soft lace styles are perfect for vintage themed weddings. Look for a wedding gown with looser lace detailing, showing off the design of the lace itself.
Lace doesn’t have to be frilly, either. Many designs that feature a lace overlay still keep a sleek, modern line. This gives the dress a textured finish that adds interest without bulk.
Splash of Color
Lace can also be a way to bring in a touch of color to your wedding style. Whether you opt for a bold lace overlay or something more delicate, a colored lace over a white base is a hot design trend. The result is a wedding gown that is both timeless and on-trend.
Are you looking for your own lovely lace wedding gown? Give us a call today to make an appointment at our Salt Lake City bridal salon!
Outdoor weddings are perfect for the spring and summer. With the beauty of nature around you, your wedding is given a special bit of decor. As the bride, you’ll need to wear a dress that is right for an outdoor wedding. There are a few things that you should consider when looking for a dress for an outdoor wedding.
While a long cathedral-style train might be beautiful, it isn’t always functional for an outdoor wedding. Instead, look at standard length or shorter dresses. Tea-length wedding dresses are perfect for less formal outdoor weddings, but full-length dresses can still be an excellent choice.
Any style can work with an outdoor wedding, particularly if you’re planning an elegant outdoor wedding. However, make sure that your dress does suit the wedding you have planned. If your outdoor wedding is casual, your dress should reflect this, too.
One of the big trends for outdoor wedding dresses is to bring a bit of nature to the dress itself. Look for floral motifs, either in lace or overall design, as a way to reinforce the natural beauty around you on your big day.
If you are planning an outdoor wedding in Salt Lake City, we can help you find the perfect wedding dress. Give us a call to make an appointment at our Salt Lake City bridal boutique today!